Monday, April 25, 2011

Mother of the year award goes to...

Not me. Today I'm feeling pretty much like the crappiest mom ever. Savannah is teething again I think, she's got the nastiest snotty nose, and she's super cranky. I tried to rock her to sleep for a nap, but she just screamed for half an hour, and never went to sleep. Anyway, she finally fell asleep, so I went to take her into her room and put her in her crib, and she grabbed my shirt and I didn't realize she had quite such a firm hold on it, and I smacked her face into the side of her crib.

Yep. I lose. Not feeling super as a mom.

4 comments:

Susan said...

We all have those days. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a great mommy. Your baby loves you and you take care of her needs so you are doing great.

Unknown said...

You are a FANTASTIC mom. You just need to come to terms with the fact that stuff like this happens all the time to EVERYONE. A few days ago, Eddie threw one of his fits and flipped himself backward.... right off my lap. He landed on his head on the livingroom floor.

My SIL was taking her 2-year-old down a slide and his leg got caught under her. It twisted and broke.

The amazing part is that babies are built to survive this stuff, so thank Heavenly Father that they bounce and move on. LOL

The Warrior said...

Well I think you're rocking it.

Lydia said...

I think a major sign of a good mother is worrying about being one and then doing what you can to make it there.

So I'll bet you're doing a fantastic job!