Monday, January 15, 2007

Weekend

So, I totally loved my weekend. It was awesome.

Friday I finally got my room clean and in turn, got ungrounded. Which was amazing. Then I just had work. And accidentally yelled out something to the effect of i hate my manager.. which is true. But I felt bad.

Saturday was amazing! I got to sleep in. Which hasn't happened very often lately. When I finally got out of bed, my sister and I watched part of Mona Lisa Smile. Then we went sledding. It was so fun. Although I did wake up a little sore this morning. Then Dave, My dad, My brother, and I all played risk together. Dave and I ended up forming an alliance and winning together. It was fun.

Then Dave and I went to Sydney's house for a "date night" that really was more like hanging out for Dave and I but it seemed like a whole lot more of a date for Angel and Derek. It got kind of awkward though... enough said.. Those who know what I'm talking about, know. Those who don't, ask and maybe I'll tell you.

Then today, I had to work. So I didn't get to go to church but I did leave work early to go to a surprise party for my friend! after my boss made me cry because he hurt me so bad. He like.. pinched my shoulders somehow that hurt really bad. I don't know it sucked really bad though. I was laughing though. Because I thought it was funny that he hurt me. but crying cuz it really hurt.

I had a lot of fun there. But only because I dragged my friend Andie along with me. She knew the guy so it wasn't a bad thing. But we laughed and talked about old times then went back to her house and looked at her old yearbooks. I laughed so hard when we went through her 7th grade. She had drawn hearts and stuff all over this guys face. I looked at it and just busted up. Hilarious really.

However, then I got home. And started talking to my cousin on MSN. Which really put a damper in my spirits.

Currently in the conversation we're talking about a boy I used to like and just barely got over.

My oh so sweet cousin says:
omg he thinks he can kick my *butt* w.e
Steph says:
oh my heck Kayla
Steph says:
why don't you just quit talking to him if you don't like him so much?
Steph says:
there is no law that says you have to talk to him you know
Super sweet cousin again says:
um ok your just mad kuz he dotn like you hahah

That kind of irked me. Because she doesn't know anything about his feelings toward me or my feelings toward him. I hate it when she assumes she knows everything about my life.


She's so nice! says:
at less when im around my family i dotn act liek a cry baby
Steph says:
excuse me?

Then she goes on to say that she won't mention any names and says "*steph*"

And this is the part that really got to me.

Steph says:
If you hate me so bad why do you want to talk to my friends? That doesn't make sense to me at all.
hell is a place called home says:
um yeah i do hate you and if there was a stronger word i woudl use it

That's the point where I started to cry. I know I'm not exactly the best person in the world, but I try so hard to be nice to her. My cousin Char and I have always been really close and we used to really leave everyone out of our lives but recently, I've been inviting Kayla to join us so she didn't have to just sit with the adults every time we did anything together as a family. But I guess that was just an awful thing for me to do.

Anyway, it gets to the point where she apologized because her mom made her. And she made sure I knew it was because her mom made her.

Then her mom started talking to me. Telling me I need to keep my friends out of her daughters life and blah blah blah when her daughter is the one who BEGGED me to let her talk to him. And who continuoulsy starts conversations with him even though he's not always nice to her or anything. And then my aunt started telling me that I need to own up to my mistakes and apologize for what I did. And I'm still not even sure what I did exactly.. My cousin was complaining about my friend so I told her she didn't have to talk to him. Where is the harm in that? Seriously?

And my aunt told me that I didn't need friends on the computer to be cool. She assumed automatically that any friend I have isn't a person I know in real life. I was irritated. And crying.

Bleh! I want to disown my extended family.

But I was super happy at what the guy we were talking about said to her:

I know more than enough to figure out that you take joy in degrading and tormenting others. you act tough because you are weak emotionally. you wage war through the psyche because you know that's where it hurts the most.

And what he said to me:

just so you know
she doesn't hold a candle to you

yeah. But, I'm almost 100% positive my aunt will tell my grandma what a horrible person i am because I got in a fight with her daughter and then my grandma will hate me forever (not that she doesn't already) and yeah. It's just going to suck. a lot.

Yeah.. My family sucks. oober much.

4 comments:

The Warrior said...

Good thing I wasn't there.

I just might've use language I've never even heard before, let alone spoken! ;-)

I'm so sorry, please don't be upset. The "guy" is completely right. She holds no candle to you. Please, be strong!

Is there anything I can do for you?

jane said...

hey stephie i'm sorry. i've met your family and i really understand how stupid they are. and you are not at all dumb or having to have friends only online. you are my bestest friend!

i totally heart yoU! remember you can read my card to remind you i heart you!!

The Warrior said...

Yeah, look at me. I have nothing but e-friends!

If I weren't a nice guy I'd of said some very mean things... :-P

The Warrior said...

Oh wait I just realized what I said! I'm not that nice...