Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New semester means new classes

Yesterday as you all know, was the start of a new semester, and with that comes new classes! Hooray! I no longer have creepy scary Mr. Flanagan!

My first period changed from Government, to Health. Which I'm somewhat dreading. I'm the only senior in that class (which I suppose is what I get for not taking it my sophomore year like I was supposed to). But I think the teacher looks like she could be fun. She seems to want to have a fun time and I'm all for having a fun class. Plus, She said there's no homework. And what better than a class with no homework?! Exactly, nothing.

My second stayed the same, Still college prep English with Mrs. Peterson. Crazy microphone lady. I hate that stupid microphone but I'm really looking forward to second semester in her class. She's an alright teacher despite what I thought about her most of first semester. Considering the students she has to deal with, I'll cut her some slack. Which I should have done forever ago. Then maybe I would have enjoyed the class to begin with. (I do wish she'd leave the stupid microphone off though)

My third changed from boring old physics (I hate science! Sorry!) to Gym. Which, is about the same. But at least I won't be so bored I'm falling asleep every day in that class. There are upsides to it as well, I get to be in class with the girl I talked to all through physics, so we won't lose the beginnings of our friendship. However, a boy I've been worried about being around is also in that class with me. I'm hoping everything works out for the best though because I do still care about him. And hopefully, now that he has a girlfriend things won't be quite so awkward. (I do worry for her though. I hope she knows what she's gotten herself into!)

My fourth stayed the same. And for that, I'm grateful. Even though it's a HUGE homework class, I really enjoy it. Yesterday we played with pennies! I love the teacher he keeps us involved in class and makes it fun. Although I really suck at doing the homework and turning it in.. But yesterday I did it! Right after school! It was a miracle really!

My fifth stayed the same. American Sign Language! Two girls dropped out of the class and I'm really going to miss them. It won't be the same with 16 girls and 0 boys as it was with 18 girls and 0 boys. It rocks. I love that class. And the teacher being deaf is great! We learn so much. I love it!

Sixth is still seminary but, the two other seniors in there switched out of that class so I'm left alone as the only senior. And there's already a kid who transferred in who annoys me. Today I fell out of my chair trying to steal the ball from him! It was funny. There were a lot of new people in that class so today we took a "quiz" on everyone's name and I finished and just sat there but this kid Kyle had to say something about being done and when I mentioned that it didn't matter and that I was already done he said "yeah but I'm the one that matters everything revolves around me" so I said "oh so you're the standard and I'm better than the standard" it was great. He had zero comebacks to that. It rocked.

Seventh changed from Computer Systems whatever to World Geography. Definately NOT looking forward to that class. The teacher is super boring. But I think Amy and I got him convinced to let us sit next to each other. Which would rock. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

Eighth also changed. From marketing (I loved that class!) to some stupid class with Crowther. And Amy and I sit next to each other in that class. Which is good. Because I'd probably go insane if I had to sit next to anyone else. (I know, I know sanity is over rated :-P )

Today is looking up though. I like today actually. Quite a bit. All in all, it was a great day! And I'm extremely grateful to have the friends I have. So thanks to you all! And my love goes out to each and every one of you! Thanks for everything you do with and for me!

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

My day yesterday was really good. I got to give a girl who had finals the next day a whole hour-long overview of WWII!!!!! Wahoo!

That was fun.

Lydia said...

I love the beginning of second semester. It is always a very welcome change.