Thursday, February 01, 2007

today...

Woot! All about my day! Are you excited yet?! You shouldn't be..

I guess I really should start with yesterday. I promised Whitney I'd wear my hair curly to school today so last night, I put my hair up in curlers and as promised, I wore my hair curly. It was really kinda cute. I liked it anyway, and my sister told me I looked very pretty before I left for school. So I left in high spirits.

When I got to school and I walked into Ms. White's classroom Angel like.. gasped and told me I looked way pretty. I liked that too. And was smiley and bubbly. Hooray! Maybe I should do things with my hair more often! If that's all it takes to look beautiful!? You betcha! I'm actually thinking of putting my hair BACK into those torturous devices tonight!

Health was pretty laid back today, or it should have been. I got kind of worked up when we started talking about advertising done by tobacco companies. ew. I hate them so much. Stupid Phillip Morris... he really irks me. And I don't even know him!

English was actually pretty entertaining today. We were revising other people's papers and that's something I really like doing. I actually was more looking forward to the revisions done to my paper though. I love having people revise my papers and help me with them. So if any of you want to read my paper and critique it, let me know and I'll be MORE than happy to let you. I love getting advice! Because I know I'm not the best writer and I really want this story to be well done. Because it means a lot to me. And the girls that critiqued today told me they were too nice to revise papers. I was like rawr! I want you to mark up my paper as much as you want! But they didn't. So.. bleh.

Then Charlotte and I went to lunch! Hooray! That was pretty fun. We went to subway. But Tyler called us "damn whores" because we didn't take him with us. Really quite funny actually. I love how his insult had nothing to do with why he was mad at us. He's become obsessed with that word I think.

Then came gym. Which is when I started to get upset. I have that class with jerk face. And we were getting along just fine and he actually complimented me on my hair and told me it looked cute curled and we were just talking when he brought up the subject of all of his ex girlfriends. And believe me, they are numerous. Well then he said the only reason he dated any of them is because they all needed help. Well that kind of offended me, seeing as how I dated him and all. And when I looked at him with a dirty look he looked and me and said "what?! You can't deny that you needed help when I met you!" I was seriously upset. What kind of boy dates girls because they "need help"? My self esteem dropped severely. I always thought a boy dated a girl because he liked her personality or something.. NOT because she needed help. So I was pretty upset.

So in Stats I just read my book. And I got yelled at for it like 8 times. But I just kept reading. Bleh.

Bleh on boys! I so give up on them! What is the point?! Exactly. There isn't one.

Anyway, after school, I went to Ms. White's room to return the pen I borrowed and ended up staying after school for over an hour talking to Tyler, Angel and Sydney. It was good for me. It was good to talk to someone about things that have been going on lately that I've been holding in because I don't want anyone to know. And, they all had good advice.

I love my friends! They rock!

When I got home my mom was pretty upset because I hadn't called to say I was going to be late but she just told me to call next time and everything was ok. Then my brother and sister were showering me with compliments telling me how beautiful I looked today. And my brother asked if I was trying to get someone to notice me. He told me I looked super beautiful today and then said "not that you don't look beautiful every day. Just more beautiful today." And I really loved that kid more than I ever have in my life. Because I was feeling really crappy after the Justin incident. I'm still feeling really crappy about it to be honest. (My eyes are filling up with tears right now.. :-( boo)

And then came work. Which actually wasn't too bad tonight. Sure, Sandra was irritating, but I'm hoping that's just because she's new and that as she gets the hang of everything it'll be easier. She really is a nice girl. But it was so funny! My boss, Maritza found an old Arby's mitt costume and dressed up in it and came into the lobby and started dancing. I laughed so hard! It rocked. I love her! She's my favorite.

And Kendra and I got to talk too. Which was good. Because she's been having some troubles in her life lately and most recently, her mom ODed on Loritab. So it's been a difficult time for her and I really just needed to know that she was ok and knew she could count on me for help.

One part of the night that was funny was when Sandra told me that Kate Winslet and I could be twins if I didn't have brown hair. I laughed so hard. No offense to myself or anything, but Kate Winslet is GORGEOUS. And I.. am not. By any definition of the word gorgeous. There are days when I might think I look pretty. But gorgeous?! NEVER! So it was really sweet of her. a HUGE lie.. but it was nice.

So that was my day. And here I sit. Trying not to cry about what Jerk face said to me. I dated him for 8 months! And all that to him was only because I "needed help" well thank you very much for that JERK FACE! hmph. Forget him.

7 comments:

The Warrior said...

Good advice.

First, I must say that these White Knights, although rare, do exist. At least some.

But this...Justin is not one of them. You know very well what I think of him. And you can add Tyler to that list, too.

If we ever met...step aside, people.

If you ever need anything I'm here for you, Steph.

Love,

Spencer

Stephanie said...

I believe I referred to him as jerk face.. Never once stating a name Spencer.

But you were right. It is Justin.

Thank you for the advice.. both of you. But I'd have to say I give up on the whole dating thing. Who needs it anyway? Certainly not I.

And Spencer, I'm sure we'll talk about this more through our e-mails.

Stephanie said...

Random Person Says:

I was cruising through the blogs randomly and came across yours. I like reading how young women think and so I enjoyed very much hearing your uncensored feelings. about That guy (jerk) who said you needed help... well some guys are what I call White Knights and they do love to rescue women in trouble. It can be endearing because like superman or batman there is a heroicness in that archetype of a man. also person who dates women to "help" them actually has some severe problems of thier own they should look at but perhaps avoid because yours are available for thier focus. We all have problems and when we can see them and work on them then we are doing good work. Anyway so this guy isn't able to recognize his own needs or faults I would think that is why he makes up such dumb justifications for dating. So it sounds to me like you will find a better boyfriend next

Note from me: That was posted before Spencer's post so that should all make more sense..

jane said...

lol steph that is an interesting comment by that "random" person. lol. but i agree that justin is stupid. we've already discussed this! :D but tyler i think is funny especially since you explained it to me! love you steph

The Warrior said...

Yes, I knew it was him. I so don't like him.

BTW I didn't comment on this last time...if anyone tells you that you aren't gorgeous, he's mine....

Stephanie said...

Thanks guys!

Amy- I agree. Tyler is pretty funny. Somedays he's stupid. But I'm glad I can talk to him.

jane said...

it's always good to have someone to talk to!