Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm excited!

Life has been going relatively well for my for the past little while. Which is super amazing!

And out comes the optimist in me that's telling me that everything is going to keep going well. No matter what my family says about decisions I am making, no matter what friends may think, no matter what anyone else wants or thinks, I've made my decision. And I am both comfortable and happy with it.

I've spent a lot of time on my knees praying for guidance and help with this particular situation that I'm not disclosing on my blog. And I feel so comfortable and at peace with my decision. It's amazing. I have never felt more sure of anything in my life. And just that comfort is keeping me going through everything. Knowing that there is one aspect of my life where everything is working out and things are just going to keep getting better. I love that feeling.

Today was pretty awesome. I must admit.

When I got home from school the two cutest little girls in the whole history of the world were at my house. Seeing them always puts a bright patch in my day. Especially on days like today when they're so excited to see me!

Sophie was so excited about a stupid little toy she got in her happy meal at McDonald's today and she was just waiting for me to get home so she could show it to me. Because guess what? It actually burps and cries and says dada. She was so excited and her excitement was contagious.

I had her call Dave and invite him to come see her because those girls really do like him. And I jokingly called Dave her boyfriend. She was really funny about it. I said "Hey Soph when Dave answers the phone say hi boyfriend!" and she said "DAVID IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND! Jonathan is!" Which made me laugh really hard because Jonathan is her brother. It was funny.

Then she invited Dave over and told me he said he wouldn't come over when I knew he was already on his way. It was pretty funny.

She got to sit in between Dave and I while we looked at old photo albums. To keep us from holding hands. According to my mom anyway.

Anyway then a while later, mom and I went dress shopping. For a new dress for graduation. I never actually found a dress that I liked. But it was a nice effort. We're going back tomorrow. After I go to school so I can get my graduation papers signed. And after tomorrow, I never have to go back to any of my classes again! That's such a relief! Hooray!

After the dress shopping I sat down to start working on my homework but I just couldn't seem to find the motivation so Dave came over and helped me and I am proud to say we actually did my homework and it's all finished and ready to present tomorrow!

And I got to watch the neighbors get a ticket for parking illegally on the side of the road. Which makes me laugh a little.

And I totally got offered a job for the next school year today! It isn't much, but i'd get to work at a little preschool as a teacher's assistant. I think it'd be a lot of fun and it'd be something to do during the days. And I've actually been thinking recently that I want to get a bachelor's degree in child development or child education so it'd help me out quite a bit anyway.

And I've finally figured out where I want to work once I get through college. They had an interpreter from a place called Sorenson come into my sign language class and I've been looking into it a lot. It seems like something I would like. They do VRS (Video Relay Service) which is where a deaf person would sign to me, I'd voice to a hearing person, a hearing person would voice back to me and I would sign that back to the deaf person. I think it'd be a pretty fun job. I just need to get the experience interpreting and my degree. So that's my career plan.

I'm going to go to school and participate in an interpreting program during college, freelance interpret through part of school, work with Jesika as a teacher's assistant at that preschool and get my degree in Child Development or teaching. Because who knows, I might like it at that preschool job and want to become a teacher there. Jess likes it a lot.

So life is basically working out wonderfully.

My boyfriend is amazing. My parents like him, I love him. And we're getting along famously. I love knowing I can count on him for anything and being able to trust him implicitly.

That's not to say that my life doesn't have it's downsides. It does.

I'm fighting with Amy again. It seems like this is getting to a what's new type of statement. We're always in a tiff or a quarrel or something. Generally over stupid stuff. But I guess I've lost her trust forever. Over something I did that was stupid. I assumed something. And it made an ass of me. Just like they tell you it will.

We were supposed to do something on Saturday. We'd been planning it for months. And I had said we could do something at my house. which was my first assumption that landed me in trouble. So Amy and I had decided we were going to do something at my house while my parents were gone in California. Shouldn't be a big deal right? Wrong. My mom said no to that idea on Thursday. And we had made our plans for Saturday. So I had class with Amy on Thursday and I told her and she specifically told me she didn't want to do anything at her house. And remember. My house is out now. So we tossed ideas around about going to a movie but nothing she wanted to see really sounded good to me she didn't want to see what I wanted to see and we never really came up with any solid plans. She didn't even act like she still wanted to do something. So I assumed she was mad at me for my mom telling me no and I made different plans to do something else. Because I didn't want to sit at home by myself all night. Here I go assuming again. I really should stop.

And that day during graduation, Amy didn't talk to me. She barely said three words to me. And that was after I said something to her. Which just further imbedded into my mind that she was mad at me and didn't want to do anything.

So that Saturday night, Amy called three times. And I had left my phone at home. Lately I've been so scatterbrained that I just keep forgetting things. I locked my keys in my car the other day because of it! I really thought though that she was mad at me and wouldn't want to do anything. So I wasn't expecting a phone call or anything. But I screwed up again. She wanted to do something. And she called to arrange something. And I didn't answer because of course, I didn't have my phone.

So that was pretty sucky. And she's still mad at me. But I'm not going to let that get me down. Even though I'm fairly certain that I've ruined our friendship for the rest of eternity. That's ok. I'll get through it. I have other friends. And if you think about it, I've been without a best friend since Andie moved in jr. high. I'll deal. Life goes on. I still have those people I can count on no matter what. And that I know trust me and believe in me no matter how many times I mess up.

So life is good. Regardless of all the bad in it. Because I'm not going to let it get me down. And the good will always outweigh the bad.

So thank you to the people in my life who I mentioned that will love me and trust me and believe in me no matter how many times I screw up. Thank you thank you thank you.

It's getting pretty late. I'm going to get some sleep.

Oh. And did I mention my parents pretty much make me really happy too? I love how supportive they've been lately. It's amazing.

Later guys!

Steph

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

I'm...sorry to hear about your and Amy's friendship. I wish it could work out....

Anyways, I'm glad everything else is going well for you! Say hey to Dave for me.

Spencer

Courtney said...

Congratulations on everything, babe! I love that your life is going so well! :D

You know what, tho? That thing with Amy? It's not your fault. It takes 2 people, ya know?

You know if you need me for anything, I'm right here for ya!