Friday, May 16, 2008

Stronger than Ever

So today, I've actually been thinking about what I really wanted to post about and I've come up with this. I really want to share the testimony I've been developing since I got married and just some things that I think are pretty amazing testimony builders.

First of all, let me just say that I really do have an amazing testimony of the truthfulness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know with my whole heart that it's true. I've had some amazing experiences in my life that just help strengthen that testimony.

Dave is one of the very best things for my testimony. He may not know it, but he's been an amazing strength and influence in shaping the testimony I currently have.

Recently, Dave was having a really big issue with the company he was working for and wanted to quit his job. We decided that we would pray about it and find out what the Lord would have us do. We prayed about it in every prayer for the next two days. I felt so calm about it. I didn't stress at all (something that doesn't normally happen. I strees a lot...) Then Dave wrote his letter of resignation, and quit his job. Without anywhere else to go. And I still didn't stress. I knew the Lord would provide. Two days later, Dave had a job. I know with all my being that the Lord had a hand in this and that the calmness and peacefulness I felt about him quitting his job was the Spirit letting me know things would be ok.

Even though Dave didn't have a job for 2 days, we still were doing fine. We got our tax stimulus payment, and didn't stress too much about money--let me rephrase that, I didn't stress... Dave was a different story. And just yesterday, we found out that we qualify for financial aid again for summer semester and we're each getting money refunded from that.

I know that the Lord played a part in this. He has helped us in so many ways. My testimony has grown so much recently.

I know that no matter what happens in this life, the Lord will be there to help and comfort us. I know it.

That's what I was thinking about today. I really just wanted to get that out there. Maybe it will help someone... who knows.

Out until next week-

Steph

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Amen.

The Lord has truly blessed you two very much. There is no doubt in my mind that His hand is in everything.