Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Strep! Whoo!

Bleh! So I got strep. Again. And this time the doctor says I have to get my tonsils taken out. Which I'd totally be ok with if I wasn't terrified of anesthesia.. I've never been put under for any type of surgery. My dad says I won't remember anything and it'll only take like 15 minutes but it still scares me. I guess I'm afraid that once they get me asleep I won't be able to wake up. Oh well though, I guess that's what I get for getting strep 3 times in the past year. and 3 times just about every year since I turned 12.. Hopefully getting my tonsils removed will help a LOT with that though.

At least I get to miss school though? Only "Jane" is pretty upset that I wasn't there yesterday and seeing as how I still don't feel well I probably won't go tomorrow. I'm sorry! I promise to be there next week though.

Bye guys!

6 comments:

The Warrior said...

Oh, if you weren't at my school I'd miss you too....

Anyways I hope you feel better really soon! And don't you worry a bit about the surgery. Do you know how simple that is, and how common it is done? I got strep this spring....

But is there anything I can do for you? Anything at all?

Your friend Spencer!

Anonymous said...

I'm sick at home today, too, but I probably shouldn't be. :-P

But don't worry about the anesthesia. I was a little scared about it last month when I got my appendix out, but for a different reason--I was afraid that I'd still feel some of the pain! But it all worked out, and I'm feeling much better.

I would suggest getting a Priesthood blessing, though. Those help a ton. 8-)

Get well soon!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Spencer! (I guess since you signed your name I'm allowed to use it?) I'd miss you too I'm sure. I've only missed 3 days though. And I might make it back tomorrow. It'll depend on how swollen my tonsils still are. And if I still sound like I stuck my head in a fishbowl and can't get it out..

Nathan why'd you stay home?

Thanks for your appendix story. And the advice about a priesthood blessing. I'm sure I'll do that when it gets closer to January.

Many thanks to both of you!

And you get well soon too Nathan!

Talk to you guys later!

The Warrior said...

Oh of course you can use my name! I won't use yours though, if you so wish it.

Stephanie said...

You can use mine. The link to my blog actually has my name in it. And I don't mind if people know my first name on here as long as my last name isn't posted. Cuz that could be scary...

The Warrior said...

True, Stephanie! Your safe with me!