Sunday, December 17, 2006

LONG day

Today has been oober long. Or I guess you could say yesterday since it's past midnight. But whatever. It was long. And not very fun I might add.

To start it all off, my mom woke me up at 8 this morning to go shovel the sidewalks for 4 different people since my neighborhood is full of "more mature" people who can't get out and do it for themselves. So that took until almost 10.. let me tell you how fun it was.. it wasn't. Sure service is good.. But it would have been better to come home to hot chocolate not my mom telling me we had to go shopping.

So then it was off to the mall for me. Do you have any idea how busy a mall is on a Saturday in the middle of December? Well let me tell you.. VERY busy. The lines were like half an hour long and it just wasn't fun. So we finally finished almost all our shopping. I still have like 2 people to buy for but thankfully, I don't have to go to the mall again to finish. I hope anyway. So after we finally left the mall with a HUGE bag of presents that made my arm want to fall off, we went home.

I got to sit at home for approximately 20 minutes before I had to go to work. 12:30 to 7:30. Which was a bundle of joy! I just LOVE being on headset when cars who think their engine should be louder than an airplane come through drive through and basically blow my eardrums up. NOT! And then when they get super upset cuz I asked them to turn their vehicle off so I could take their order and are just mean to me. It's not fun. Why can't people just be courteous? Bleh.

So I finally got home from work and I was exhausted. But I had to help my little brother and sister deliver these twelve days of christmas things that we do for our neighbors. And when I finally got home and decided I was going to go to bed, Ashley called.

So we went to Josh's football game. Josh's team got creamed.. 27 to 14.. Which was better than normal seeing as how tonight was the first touchdown they're gotten all season. Who knew arena football was so different from normal football. I had fun though.

And it's snowing again. So tomorrow morning will be another fun filled morning of shovelling sidewalks. Joy!

Not that today was bad, just long. even though I complained a lot in this post.. I really did have a fun day. Could have been better.. but overall, not bad.

I'm going to bed now though. Because my head hurts so bad I think it might explode.. word of advice.. never slam your head into a doorknob.. cuz those suckers hurt. bad. I promise. Don't test that theory.

Night!

5 comments:

jane said...

sorry steph. i hate long days like that and i know the feeling all too well. and i'll take your advice not to slam my head into a doorknob. :D

The Warrior said...

Really? You want us to take your advice? You tested that theory, did you? How? Scientifically, it needs to be peer-reviewed first (that is, other scientists need to try it themselves!).

Stephanie said...

Spencer, I still have a goose egg on the back of my head.. I'm pretty sure that counts as proven that it hurts. But, if you want to disprove it, why don't you slam your head into a doorknob and see how you like it? OR, you could just trust me and go from there..

The Warrior said...

But first you need to tell me the steps!

And are you okay?

Stephanie said...

It's easy! You bend down under a door knob. Then stand up and smack your head into it really hard. Have fun testing that. Let me know how it goes.