Saturday, December 30, 2006

Spiritual Feelings and such

It's my mom's fault I'm posting this.

Today while we were practicing for tomorrow at the conference center, Craig Jessop was talking about Conference in October. While they were singing "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet" the audience all stood and gave a standing ovation. Then while we were singing it today when it was time for the congregation to sing with the choir Brother Jessop turned like he was going to direct them and I got goosebumps everywhere. All over my body and I felt so calm and at peace with everything. It's sort of what I've been looking for. It was like my personal revelation to me that President Hinckley is a true prophet. Words can't describe that feeling and I was just over come with that feeling. And tears just came to my eyes. It was an amazing experience.

I'm excited for tonight! Region dance so I'll be out with my friends until like.. late. I don't even know what time I'll be home. And then I have to be downtown again tomorrow at 9 for another rehearsal. Then back home probably around noon only to go back downtown for a rehearsal again at 4 and then a performance at 6. wow!

The closer it gets, the more at peace I'm feeling with singing there. Even though there will be 21,000 people in the building. I'm finally able to be ok with that. Now I'm just excited and I hope I can remember the words to the 4 songs I'm supposed to have memorized..

Should be fun! Woo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in that audience that gave the standing ovation. The heavenly glory in that room... well, words can't describe how amazing it was. I posted about it on my blog when I got home, though. :-P

Thank you for your testimony, Stephanie. Gordon B. Hinckley is a true prophet of God, and I am grateful to have a prophet on the earth in these, the latter days. Again, thank you. This brightened my day like no other. :-D

See you tonight! ^_^

jane said...

steph i so can't wait for tonight! it's gonna be a blast and i'm so glad you're gonna be there!

but, i really hope that i can see you perform at the conference center. we'll see.:D

The Warrior said...

Yikes! 21,000? Wet pants, anyone?