Saturday, December 09, 2006

More family issues

URGH! Why is it that my family has to be so rude?! Today, i went to a baby shower and took one of my very best friends because I couldn't bare to face it alone. And I'm really glad I didn't have to. We got there and shortly thereafter my grandma, my aunt and my cousin arrived. I just got my class ring yesterday (hooray!) and I wanted to show them so I showed my aunt and she told me it was ugly. So I got sort of offended and just turned my back to her to walk away when my aunt and grandma both hit me for doing so. Because my grandma hadn't gotten to see it. My thought was what does it matter anyway it's not like you'll like it. But I didn't say anything I just held it out for her to look at.

So we got to the table that had been set out and we started talking about how my aunt wasn't going to my grandma's house tomorrow to decorate her Christmas tree because she only has 5 seatbelts and 6 people at her house (because my sister got kicked out of her apartment and moved in with my aunt) So I told her just to leave my sister home because she's an oober big scrooge anyway. Then my aunt told me that since my sister was living in her house she was going to like Christmas whether she liked it or not. Which is just an idiotic thought. She can't force someone to like something.

Then the topic of conversation moved on to my sister's getting kicked out of her apartment which happened once three weeks ago (I think that since she got kicked out once she should have been looking for a place to stay anyway as she knew her roommates didn't want her there anymore) but they fixed it that time. So my sister was kicked out on Thursday for supposedly peeing on the couch and having drugs on her. The drugs thing wouldn't surprise me. And if I were her roommate, I'd kick her out for drugs too. Especially since one of her roommates just had a baby.

Anyway, my aunt decided Thursday night that she needed to go up and get my sister because if she didn't my sister would have ended up on the streets. Which isn't true my mom offered to let her come back home. So anyway, My aunt asked me if I'd rather have my sister living on the streets and my response was something like if my sister ended up on the streets it would be her fault because she's the one who chose to move out of our house and live like an adult and was too indignant to let my mom help her or ask anyone for help. So suddenly that makes me ignorant. My aunt kept saying that i was ignorant and that if I ever needed help she wouldn't give it to me because of how I was acting. I'd like to know where in that statement I said that my aunt was doing the wrong thing by helping her. But I told them that I'd never put myself in a situation where I'd need their help like that. Because I won't. I'll never be too prideful to ask my mom for help. Or for that matter move out screaming at my mom that she's the worst mom ever. And then this made me not love my sister? So now I'm being told I'm ignorant and that I just need to love my sister. And then my grandma got involved telling me that I needed to just read my scriptures more and that I needed to remember the prodigal son and what happened and she kept asking me where my charity was. Then she told me it was down the toilet. So now all of a sudden I'm an ignorant uncharitable unloving unfaithful person. Can we all see where this is going? And then all of a sudden I'm acting exactly like my mom (which I don't view as a bad thing I actually think my mom's right in this matter as she offered my sister her room back and my sister said "no! I don't want to move back in with you I want to be on my own!") and I just need to grow up and act my age. So i'm an ignorant uncharitable unloving unfaithful immature person. That's basically where that conversation stopped. And then my grandma asked me if I was going to take my little brother and sister to her house tomorrow to decorate the christmas tree. My first thought was "why so you can yell at me some more and tell me what a horrible person I am?" I told her I needed time to think about it and to talk to my little brother and sister before deciding.

Not only this but they didn't even treat my friend well. She sat next to me the whole time and they barely even acknowleged her. My grandma even had the audacity to interrupt her while I was talking to her as if she weren't even there. And then acted shocked that I actually cared about something going on in my friend's life. And then they tell me I have no friends. Right as my dear friend is sitting right next to me.

I was very very embarrassed for my friend to see this kind of display. And it's not like it was just my aunt and my grandma either. My great aunt glenice and tammy got involved too. And they didn't even know the whole story. No one, not one person stood up for me the whole time. It took all I had not to just break down crying.

So then we're on the way home and my mom called. So I was telling my mom about it and my mom got very upset. She said that she was sick of being treated like the bad guy in this whole situation and resolved to call my aunt. Well I'm sure you can guess how well that worked out.. it didn't. It ended up in my mom screaming at my aunt my aunt screaming back until eventually my aunt just hung up on my mom. So then my mom called my Grandpa. And told him we would not be coming to his house tomorrow because of how my grandma had treated me today. Which will start another fight between my grandparents because My grandpa doesn't think it's any of my grandma's business what's going on and thinks that she just needs to butt out. But apparently if we had all just loved my sister more she wouldn't have ended up a druggy who hated us all and turned her back on every single one of us when she moved out. According to my grandmother anyway.

I thought I did a pretty good job though. I didn't cry until my mom was telling her friend George about it. And even then my mom didn't know I was crying. Which was good. And I didn't let it all out until I got home and started telling my friend Greg about it. Many thanks go out to him for listening to me. And helping me even though he probably didn't know it.

To Jane: I'm sorry you had to see such a horrid display of my family. But I'm glad we decided together tha my future husband can in no way meet or talk to any of my extended family before we're married and he's stuck with me.

There were good parts to my day though. My dad came home from the hospital and I got to talk to a boy I like. Only for a little while though. But it was a good talk.

Bleh. I'm done with this now

Bye!

8 comments:

jane said...

hey it was all okay. the only really bad thing was that i had to see them treat you so badly. they had no right. not even cuz they're family! :(

but, i'm glad i could help make it better. they really were mean!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much! You're the best!

We have to talk on Tuesday about what happened after I posted that blog. My day just so happened to get infinately better. So much in fact that I totally forgot to be mad at my grandma and aunt karen still. Whoo!

Any idea when Sly Piggery will be back up anyone?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's really messed up. How could they treat you like that? No right. No right at all.

And I have no idea when Sly Piggery will be back up. phpbb said it would only be a few hours, but it's already been a couple days. >.< Until it's back up, though, I guess the blogosphere will work for our discussion, eh? ;-)

The Warrior said...

I am FUMING right now! How dare they do that to you, Stephanie!

I tell you, if I had been there, they would have had to learn real quick that no one treats my friend like that! NO ONE!

I'm so sorry they treated you like that, and I understand why you felt like crying. I've actually done it before in bad situations like this. It isn't fun when everyone treats you like you're nothing. But you know what? You just need to remember that there are people in the world who like you as you are and are your friends, and that always help!

And in the meantime, I think I like your mom...;-D

But I guess it's good that I wasn't there. I might have said some things...ahem, that weren't all to nice, you know what I mean? Anyways, I'm totally on your side on this! And how dare they treat Amy like this! Ooh, I am so mad!

And I hope so too, Nathan! I assume you will continue the Rebellion I hope?

Stephanie said...

Thank you all so much. But I feel much much better right now. Due in part to cute boy mentioned in the post. He makes me smile. Oober tons. And yeah.. It's happy. He made me feel better. He actually made me stop crying when I was and totally forget about this. So never fear guys, I'll always come out of it.

And Hooray for SP being back up! That makes me immensely happy too!

The Warrior said...

I'm glad you're okay. That's good. Don't worry when people are mean, though. I got called a "little snot" by some crotchety old lady at my work (she tried to restrict how much pizza I was eating for lunch)! Ha ha! :-P

jane said...

i'm glad you're feeling better steph and that you're happy! :D

The Warrior said...

What, was it funny? :-D