Friday, March 16, 2007

oooh! Park City!

Ok, so maybe they were right when they said Mom's know best... Who knew?

My mom has been advising me all week that I should have taken today and just relaxed and not pushed myself to go back to school just for the field trip we had planned for the academy today. But did I listen to her? No. And I pushed myself anyway. But seriously, a make up assignment would have been better.

I went to bed last night at around 11 after spending the part of the night with Amy at "Girl's Night Out" and the other part with Jess, Ashley and my mom eating ice cream at sonic. We got home around 10:45.

When I got home I took some pain medicine and went to sleep. But I had an awful awful nightmare and kept waking up due to pain and that stupid dream. I woke up at 1:30 and I was going to actually get out of bed and take more pain medicine. But it hadn't been 4 hours yet so I couldn't. All the other times I woke up, I just laid in my bed and cried because it hurt so bad but I didn't want to get up and take the pain medicine.

I'm trying really hard to not take it so much. Because I hate how drowsy it makes me. But, again my mom was right. When it wakes me up because it hurts so bad, I really should take it.

So I finally crawled out of bed this morning at 10 after 7 after my dad had come in and told me it was after 7 and I needed to get up and get ready to go if I were going to go. So I got up, put my Taylor Swift CD on and started getting ready for my day. But first, I took some pain medicine. Which was a really really smart move.

I got to school quite a bit early. At 8 rather than 8:30 so I just sat around in the commons waiting for people to show up. But soon, everyone was there and we were herded onto a bus to go up to the Canyons ski resort.

When again, my mom proved to be right. I should have put real shoes on rather than being lazy and putting on my flip flops and running out the door. And, I should have taken a jacket. Why is it that my mom is always right?

Anyway, we rode the Cabriolet up to the actual resort from the parking lot and it was freezing on the way up. But when we got up there the sun was actually pretty nice.

From the resort we rode the Gondola's up to a lodge and stayed up there for a while before coming back down. I got to ride down with Zack and Megan and it was nice to talk to them for a bit. But I really thought that Amy and Shawnea were going to follow me onto the Gondola.

Then we went on a tour of the Canyons. Boring boring boring!

We ended up on main street in park city for lunch and Amy Shawnea and I went to some place.. Our waitress wasn't very nice though. I didn't actually eat the restaurant food though, I sipped on my gatorade and I had a few bites of pudding that I had tucked into my purse before we left. Eating still hurts a lot. Although.. there is some left over Shepherd's pie in the fridge that's sounding pretty appetizing right now.

Going through the canyons my ears were killing me from all the pressure and the hurt that they're already in from the stupid surgery.

So, my mom was right, I shouldn't have pushed myself so much. But, I did. And I somewhat regret it.

But, It was good to spend all the time with Shawnea especially. And as always, with Amy.

I gave Jeramy a ride home from school and then I came home and took more pain killers. Which are currently making my thoughts really fuzzy. So I think I'm going to go steal some of that shepherds pie and take a nice long nap.

Have a fantabulous weekend!

And you should all come to the dance tomorrow! I'm oober excited for that!

6 comments:

The Warrior said...

Oh...I hope you feel better real soon, Steph!

Courtney said...

i love taylor swift. sooo good!

i love region dances. i will soo be there! party it up, yo. ;)

Stephanie said...

Hah! I've gotten a bit of news that has cheered me up immensely and who doesn't feel better when they're oober happy? Exactly! I feel so much better. Hooray!

Court- I love her too! I listen to her CD when I go to sleep. And then when I wake up. And I definately can't wait til the region dance! Hooray!

Lydia said...

Sounds like a very painful party. It's kind of hard to get my fingers around why moms are always right, but I think it has something to do with a magic book the hospital gives them, when their first kid is born. It's the only logical thing I can think of anyway,

Stephanie said...

oh it is.. oober painful. We're actually going downhill now though. Feeling oober tons better.

I want said magic book. Without having kids.

The Warrior said...

It's called motherly intuition. It's from God. ;-P

And Steph...would you mind telling me the news? If you don't want to, that's really just fine...I really just want to know if it's about...well, you know who I mean.