Friday, November 25, 2011

Okay... So I skipped a few days...

I've been busy, not so busy I couldn't have blogged, but busy. So, I didn't blog. End of story. No real excuses as I did say I could have blogged, I just chose not to. I'm tired, alright?

We went to Dave's grandma A's house for Thanksgiving, and it was enjoyable. His uncle made this to die for turkey, seriously, I loved it. It was a dutch oven turkey and if you've never had a turkey cooked in a dutch oven, you are missing out. They are delicious and moist and super flavorful! It could have helped that Kori brined the turkey for two whole days! Yum! I am drooling thinking about it...

We had WAY more pie than got eaten, Dave and I came home with two and a half pies to ourselves, and we only took two! A whole apple pie (which is my favorite and I love!), a chocolate pudding pie (almost Dave's favorite) and part of a blackberry cheese pie that Savannah loves, or at least I think she loves, because I say she does, and I'm the mom and right now I know best, right?

Today I went black friday shopping, sort of. I didn't buy anything, just went to the store. We may end up going to Sears tomorrow, but it hasn't been decided on.

So for the past few days, I am thankful for new shoes! I tore a hole in my only pair of sneakers the other day at my mom's house when I tripped over a stake in her yard, so Dave and I went to famous footwear the other day and I got a new pair of sneakers and he got some new dress shoes. I love that they were doing a buy one get one half off AND I had a 20% off coupon to use in addition to that. Stacking deals rocks!

I am thankful for good food, and good family to share it with. Yesterday was a day that seemed REALLY long, but I am glad that I have family surrounding us so we would never have to be alone on Thanksgiving, and I'm grateful that I only had to cook pies, because that makes for a much less stressful Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for unexpected good news, which at this point shall remain untold. I love when something that seems like a bad thing turns into a positive thing. I am grateful that so often when I feel discouraged something happens and changes my whole outlook on life.

Does that catch me all up? If not, oh well. At least blogging is still happening somewhat regularly...

No comments: