Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 16 - Schnookums (not...)

Prompt for day 16 - Nicknames

I have a lot of nicknames, we'll start with the obvious ones; Steph, Stephie, Stepherz, Stepherninny, Step on Me (which I hate, if you use it I will threaten your life...)

Now for some not so obvious ones; Fluff-n-Stuff (don't ask, I don't remember, also previous threat applies), quacklynne, Dave has called me Love since we started dating, hootenanny, Sally-Skint-Nose, my grandfather calls me his long, tall drink of water (i.e., "How are you my long tall drink of water?" while hugging me hello), Daffy...

And, this one might be a tad bit awkward, so I'll explain the back story. One time, Dave and I, and a group of friends decided that we were going to drive to St. George to pick up some repossessed cars for the credit union Dave was working for. So we were all driving down there, listening to some music and just having a super fun time. Then the song Should have Been a Cowboy by Toby Keith came on. I have sung this song wrong for YEARS, literally... I have since been corrected but usually revert to the wrong way. Anyway, the correct lyrics go "Wearing my six shooter, riding my pony on a cattle drive", and I have always sung it "Wearing my sex shoes, riding my pony on a cattle drive"... I don't know why, but for some reason that is what I always sang. What are sex shoes? Who knows...

So, the song came on, and I started singing, and as usual reverted to the incorrect lyrics. Commence teasing. Then we got there and we had walkie talkies to communicate between the four vehicles. We were deciding that we were going to call each other nicknames on the radios. Dave became Schnookums, I was sex shooter (combination of the wrong and right lyrics...), Megan was pig pen, and Chad was Preemie. We now always use these nicknames when we get together, especially when we go bowling. I have gotten very accustomed to hearing "You're up, Sex Shooter"... Also, Dave hates schnookums, so unless you want to die, don't use it, unless you are Megan or Chad.

These are all the nicknames I can think of right now...

1 comment:

Screaming Grasshopper said...

So hilarious! I LOVE stories like this!!