Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 17 - Parental Units

Prompt for day 17 - Talk about your parents

My mom is amazing. I love her to pieces. Her name is Susan. Her blog can be found here. She doesn't post very often, but I love to read and see it when she does. She is currently serving as the 1st counselor in their ward Relief Society. She inspires me and makes me want to be a better person. She is and always has been a great role model for me. My life would not be what it is today if it weren't for her.

My dad is also pretty great. We have not always gotten along. I can remember many nights in high school where I stormed to my room screaming at him that I hated him. I feel insanely bad about this now, because I have never actually hated my dad, nor will I ever. His name is John. He is a jack-of-all-trades. He was just put in as the Elder's Quorum president in their ward. I know I can count on him for anything.

I also am very lucky to have an amazing set of in laws. My mother and father in law are great, seriously. My father in law is wonderful. I remember after my first miscarriage, when I went in for the second ultrasound and I heard the ultrasound tech say "I'm sorry, there's no baby there...", I tried so hard to be strong and brave. I saw my father in law and the compassion and concern in his eyes crumpled my resolve and I sobbed in his arms. I don't know how long I cried, but he just let me. He never made a single move to try and let go. And he gives some pretty good hugs. The ones where you feel like you mean the world to someone. I truly appreciate him being a part of my life.

My mother in law is also great. She is one of those women who has met and faced many adversities and trials in her life. Watching her go through life inspires me. I want to be as strong as she is when I am faced with trials.

All in all, I am a very lucky girl to be blessed with the wonderful parents and in laws that I have. Truly.

No comments: