Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 9 - Emotional

Day 9 - A song that makes you cry (or nearly)

There are actually quite a few of them. There is a song by John Michael Montgomery, The Little Girl, and it almost always makes me cry. It's a very touching song. I think one of the things that makes it so much more emotional for me is that I know other people who it makes cry. Most specifically, my uncle. He's a tough dude. He is a Cowboy in every sense of the word, and I can remember it coming on the radio one day while we were driving back to his house so I could have a sleepover with my cousin. He was in tears, he had to keep wiping his cheeks so he could drive, and when it was over he looked at me and told me that it was the same way every time he heard the song. I can remember vividly seeing my uncle in tears every time I hear that song, and it pulls at my heart strings. Plus, the song is one of those that pulls at you anyway.

So, I found a version of it on youtube, the video isn't really important, but if you want to, you can listen to the song.

There are other songs as well that makes me cry, Skin (Sarah Beth) by Rascal Flatts, Streets of Heaven by Sherrie Austin, but none of them that are quite so vivid in my memory.

Some church hymns also bring me to tears, ever since I sang with the Tab Choir in high school whenever I hear We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet I nearly always cry. Because it is associated with such a vivid memory and feeling of peace and love that I got while we were singing it in the Conference center and the entire congregation stood. It was an amazing thing. I needed the reminder of that today, I feel like lately I've been struggling with my testimony lately, so to remember those powerful feelings of confirmation and love that were given to me by the Spirit was a really good thing for me.

1 comment:

Screaming Grasshopper said...

I love those songs too! Music is such a powerful tool for good and evil. I am thankful for every song that brings good feelings to my heart!