Monday, March 05, 2012

Day 4 - Bug-y

Day 4 - 5 things that bug you about the same sex/opposite sex

So, I'm going to take this one as just 5 things that bug me in general about other people. Things that drive me absolutely crazy.

  1. I hate, with a fiery passion from the deepest depths of my soul, hearing people chew with their mouths open. Sometimes just hearing people chew even when their mouths are closed is pretty bad too. Especially when those foods are crunchy. Honestly, crunchy food in general just drives me crazy, but particularly if people are chewing with their mouths open. It makes me imagine ways to torture people...
  2. You know those people who always complain about every single tiny thing going on in their lives? I think everyone knows someone who is perpetually unhappy. This bugs me. I can understand having down days (Hello, I've had 2 miscarriages, I've been through some pretty dang down days...) and I understand being depressed. But I do not understand never ever finding any single thing in a day to be happy about. However, I have been told that I am too happy. A girl I went to high school with apparently hated me because I was happy, and that bugs me too.
  3. When I hear people complain about how broke they are, but then they go and buy something huge. I'm not talking about going out to dinner here or there, or buying a soda or chips every once in a while. I'm talking about the people who say they are so broke, but then go spend money to buy new furniture, or brand new kitchen appliances. Specifically I had a friend one time talking to me about how broke she was, and then she proceeded to go and buy a brand new couch. Now, I can understand sometimes you get new things for a pretty good deal, but she talked to me about how she paid for this couch from Ashley whatever whatever that store name is, and how she was bragging about how they only spent like $2000 on this couch. Uh... Hello, weren't you just complaining about how little money you had? 
  4. I'm going to preface this one by saying that I am weird. Being that I am weird, I have this weird obsession with teeth and I think before I married Dave I really would have considered being a dental hygienist... That being said, it really bugs me when you are talking to people and you can tell that they haven't brushed their teeth in forever because you can literally see the plaque and gunk on their teeth. It grosses me out, and it bugs me. It especially bugs me when those people are working at a fast food place or at a restaurant that I'm eating at and they are serving or touching my food. Because I'm a little bit of a freak...
  5. It seriously bothers me when people add an 's' to the word anyway. The other day I was picking my sister up from school and she kept saying it, so I punched her every time she said it. This is how much it bothers me. Anyways is not a word. Also, I hate people who say "snuck", which also is not a word, and it sounds like something you should do to boogers... The proper term is sneaked. Don't believe me, look it up. 
And now, since I have been complaining about things that bug me, and simply because I can I'm going to write a list of things I love.
  1. I love birthday's. I love getting together with friends and family and having a super fun times celebrating people's lives. Also, I love cake... and most birthday's involve cake at one point or another.
  2. I love me a good book. Sometimes, especially when life is overwhelming, I love slipping away into another person's life, and forgetting about my troubles for a little while. I especially love that after I do get away into another person's life, that sometimes my problems seem much less important and I am able to focus on other things.
  3. I love the burst of energy I get when I take a short nap. Not the kind of nap you wake up feeling groggy and icky from, but the kind of nap where you wake up and you feel like you slept forever but really only slept for like 20 minutes and you have the energy to do everything that needs to get done.
  4. I love the feeling of having a clean house, even though typically in my life that only lasts for like half a day. Having an 18 month old is not really conducive to having a clean house.
  5. I love cleaning bathrooms. Seriously, short and sweet, cleaning bathrooms is easily my favorite room in the house because it will never ever take my longer than 20 minutes to feel like I've cleaned it to the best of my abilities. Also, it helps that bathrooms are typically smaller than every other room in the house.  
So there, day 4.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I still remember fondly that one time I found out about #5 and snuck "anyways" into our conversation.

:)

Stephanie said...

Haha... Not really funny :-P