Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 19 - Wuv, Twue Wuv

Day 19 - 10 ways to win your heart

As a preface, most of these relate in some way to something that Dave does that make me feel particularly loved and make me love him equally in return. He's an amazing husband, and he deserves recognition for the things that he does.
  1. Back scratches or back rubs. Dave knows this. Seriously, a back scratch or back rub is seriously one of the best things in the entire world. Especially when I've had a hard day, just to have either of those makes me quite happy. And Dave is just about the best back scratcher ever!
  2. Feet rubs. I hate touching other people's feet, so it makes it even more amazing when someone else is willing to rub mine. Dave is also particularly good at this, though he doesn't do it often because he doesn't like touching lotion.
  3. Telling me I'm beautiful, and meaning it. I love when Dave just looks at me and tells me that I'm beautiful. Some days, the days where I don't feel like getting out of my pajamas or even crawling out of bed, and I don't feel like I am even a teensy tiny bit cute, to have Dave just look at me with his eyes full of love and say that I am beautiful makes my heart tingle.
  4. Watching chick flicks with me and hugging me close when I start crying. Dave always seems to know the exact moment when I am going to start crying, and he just tells me that he loves that I am sensitive enough to cry during a movie.
  5. Being willing to share emotions with me. Being strong enough to cry and not be ashamed of it especially. 
  6. Calling me just to hear my voice or to say he misses me and loves me. I love hearing Dave tell me he loves me. 
  7. Making orange julius drinks at three in the morning simply because I want one.
  8. Making me brownies on demand (which is not as often as I think about brownies...)
  9. Taking care of me when I am sick. And this is part of that but is kind of dumb. It gives me warm fuzzies when I am not feeling well and Dave kisses my forehead. There is just something about a kiss on the forehead that makes me feel loved and secure, and Dave knows it, so he kisses my forehead when I am sick, and I appreciate it.
  10. Wanting to have a family with me. For a long time, I thought that Dave only wanted to have kids because he thought it would make me happy. When we first got pregnant with Savannah he was thrilled, and even more excited when we actually got to hold her and show her off. He is a doting daddy. Then when I got pregnant the second time, and I miscarried, to see the torment Dave felt, and seeing that he was just as upset about it as I was, that meant a lot to me. Then the third pregnancy, that hope that we felt just to have it crushed. It is a poignant memory of being told that I was going to miscarry. And yet, I still didn't realize that Dave really does want to have a family with me. A forever family. It took me telling him that I really wanted another baby and him specifically saying that he did too for me to know. And I never realized how much it would mean to me that Dave wanted me to be the mother of his children and that he wanted those children just as much as I did. 
So there it is. Just a few of the ways that Dave makes my heart all twitterpated. 

2 comments:

The Warrior said...

This is really sweet.

Screaming Grasshopper said...

Mawage... mawage is what bwings us togavah today... wuv, twue wuv...

The thing I like most about these posts is how much I am learning about my gnomie.