Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Day 6 - I am hilarious!

So the prompt for day 6 is What is an inside joke you share with someone?

This was surprisingly difficult for me. I thought that I had millions of inside jokes with other people, but apparently when I tried to think of them I had a brain fart... So I sent out a mass text message to a bunch of people and used their replies to remember what inside jokes we have. This made me feel very lame.

Anyway,

So, I have this group of friends. We call ourselves the gnomies. Because we are permanent fixtures on the lawn. Like a lawn gnome. I suppose that in and of itself could be construed as an inside joke, but that's not the hilarious one I thought of, which will likely not be hilarious to any of you.

We used to include this girl named Katie. Katie was a little insane, but we loved her anyway. Until she went psychotic. She decided that none of us could be her friends anymore because we were saying things behind her back or something to that effect. None of the rest of us really know what actually happened or why she doesn't talk to any of us anymore, but suffice it to say, for some reason she apparently hates us all. This led to her deleting all of us on facebook.

Now, my friends and I sit outside at ALL hours of the night. (For example, we were still outside at 3 in the morning the morning I went to the doctor and was induced into labor when I had Savannah...) And some nights, we get a little crazy. We make stupid jokes and laugh like it is the funniest thing in the whole world. One such night, we were talking about Katie deleting us and it evolved and evolved until it got to be that you could delete, backspace, fast forward, rewind, etc. all by making certain faces or moves on your body. To this day, we all still use the "deleted" move, and it is HILARIOUS each and every time we see it.

Also, I don't know that this one is so much of an inside joke, and just something that is hilarious. One night, like a decade ago, I was having a sleep over with one of my best friends, and we broke the bed together. To this day, I still am not sure what exactly happened. I know that one minute we were playing dummies laughing our heads off, and the next the bed was broken and we were still laughing our heads off.

6 comments:

Andie said...

Haha. I <3 this. I can't stop laughing. :)

Screaming Grasshopper said...

you should've included pictures of you "Deleting" people...

Stephanie said...

Andie, I am SO glad you laughed. It makes me happy to make other people laugh.

Andrea, I'm pretty sure YOU are the only one who has ever taken a picture while "deleting" someone...

Lydia said...

Hahaha! I was literally laughing at loud.

Screaming Grasshopper said...

Um... FYI-- MARY DID TOO!

The Warrior said...

I love inside jokes!